Title

Working Hands...Creative Hands

Friday, April 23, 2010

Project Progress…

My April UFO may remain a UFO for a bit longer. But I can say that it has officially become a flimsy and is no longer a pile of cut pieces waiting to be sewn together. This is an older Joann’s BOM that was sold in pre-cut monthly kits. I forgot to buy binding and backing at the time, so had to go and pick that up today. Here is a picture:

aprilUFO

Earlier I mentioned that I had finally started cutting out hexies and here they are:

hexie10

Aren’t they cute?! I am using the hexagon ruler from Fons & Porter. My strips are 2-1/2 inches wide and I have quite a bit of 30’s fabric left over to use for this project. This post has the link to the tutorial I plan to follow for sewing my hexies together.

FQ’s from the Sew Mama Sew FQ swap are starting to come in. I will share a picture once they’ve all arrived. There are definitely some beautiful fabrics showing up here!!

I’ve also made some progress on the Chimney Sweep swap being hosted by Nancy at Patchwork Penguin. Here is view of the piles by my sewing machine:

chsw.prog10

But all of this progress has come at a price…my controller pedal has decided to develop a short. I’ve ordered a replacement. But since I don’t know how long it will take to arrive I have pulled out “old antique”. After a bit of crud removal, oiling, adjusting, and replacing of the needle, I fired her up. SHE RUNS!! No fancy stitches and everything is manual…but SHE RUNS!!

old.antique

If anyone knows anything about this machine would you drop me a line? I cannot find a date on her, she’s a Belvedere Adler, De Lux Family Sewing Machine, made in Japan. She has her own little sewing cabinet/table and only knows how to sew a straight stitch. Her colors are green and cream. Later I will post a picture of my other old antique…she’s a Singer.

So with “old antique” put back into service, progress will continue…

Be blessed!!

p.s. later I will reveal the results of the quest for pattern choices and names for the 4-to-9 block.

No comments:

Post a Comment